Friday, November 29, 2013

An Ode to Community


Community.

It’s so much more than a trend, a cliché, or a buzz-word.

It's...

when the lonely sit around tables not their own but are made to feel like they’re home.

when addicts are loved and helped. And loved and helped. Until addiction holds no power.

when Church goes beyond brick and mortar walls to find Jesus in the elderly, sick, and poor.

It's...

tears falling for the pain of another.

feeling just as happy for your success as I do for my own. 

leaning into the tension of each others' confusion and resisting the urge to run.

It’s...

my soul being revived day after day because of you, my family. 

knowing I can keep going because we’re in this together. 

the hope that fills my heart when that just-right word is spoken.

It’s the growing and expanding of my soul due to its contact with yours.

Community.

It’s Communing.

Communion.

It’s Bread and Wine.

Body and Blood.

My life poured out for yours, because His was poured out for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment