Monday, August 27, 2012

Compassion Blog Month

Hey Friends!

I want to tell you about an exciting opportunity that has come into my life! Just last week I signed up with Compassion International to be a blogger for their organization. What this means is simply that I will use my blog as an avenue to help raise awareness about the needs of children around the world, and the opportunity to sponsor them through Compassion's wonderful program.I will be given assignments to write about a couple times a month that will help get the creative juices flowing and hopefully help us all think a bit more about how we can help children who have become victims of poverty. This is not all that my blog will be used for, but it is one way small way that I can be a voice for children who desperately need love and hope.

 When I signed up, I had no idea that just around the corner, in September, would be what Compassion calls "Blog Month." Blog month is a concentrated time of vigorous blogging, and trying to raise up as many child sponsors as possible--3,108 to be precise! One of the "prizes" to keep us bloggers motivated is the opportunity to travel with a group of bloggers (and to blog while on the trip) to one of the countries where Compassion works. This would be an amazing chance to witness Compassion's ministry to the poor, as well as an exciting way motivate others to sponsor children! I would be absolutely THRILLED to be blessed with an opportunity like this. But more importantly, whether I "win" or not, I feel extremely excited and blessed to be a part of this effort and hope that many children will gain a loving sponsor as a result of Blog Month!!

So, every week in September, meet me here, where I will be blogging on a topic related to poverty/ child sponsorship! Will you join me? Here are four ways you can help:

 1. Read this blog!

 2. Tell others about this blog! Feel free to post links on facebook, and even share with your church or family and friends about this opportunity

 3. Consider sponsoring a child! Please feel free to ask me any questions about what sponsorship entails. If I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find an answer for you!

4. Finally, if you would like to participate in this project through your own blog, feel free to join! At the top of my page there is a banner that says, "I'm participating in blog month for Compassion. Join me." If you click on that banner, it will take you to a page where you can sign up to be a Compassion blogger for yourself!

I'm excited about this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment